A Play Kitchen Renovation – Before and After

February 15, 2010

Before:

Purchased for $5 at Salvation Army – dirty, but otherwise in usable shape!

During:

After:

A coat of paint, a sweet curtain, some new knobs, painted

burners and sink and an upside down coat hook – brand new!

Kitchen: $5 at Salvation Army

Knobs: $0.77 each = $6.16

Hinges: $1.27

Fabric: already had, leftover from their window project

Paint: already had, white was bought in the “mess up” section at Lowe’s to paint their dressers, blue for the sink/water was part of the Glidden free can of paint giveaway a few months ago that we used to paint the bathroom

Faucet: $5.50 in the closet section at Lowe’s. Kind of didn’t want to pay that much, but I sucked it up:)

Total Cost: $17.93

{This post is a part of Steady Mom’s Moms’ 30-Minute Blog Challenge and Metamorphosis Monday}

About these ads
  1. Ondrea permalink
    February 15, 2010 10:21 am

that is a great job!! so cute and perfect!

2. February 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Great job! That really does look like new. :)

3. Kim permalink
    February 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Gorgeous!!!

4. February 15, 2010 11:25 pm

that is great. good job.

5. February 16, 2010 12:17 am

FANTASTIC!!!! Hours of playtime fun!

6. February 16, 2010 12:38 am

I came over from Steady Mom’s 30 min blog challenge and just had to comment – this turned out amazing! Gives me some confidence not to pass by the next second-hand deal I see because of the work involved … you’ve proven it is worth it.

I bet your little chef is thrilled :-)

7. Carol permalink
    February 16, 2010 12:49 am

What a beautiful makeover! I have intense interest in play kitchens, because my son loves to cook, and I made one for him based on some inspiration from Apartment Therapy. It cost a lot more than $17.93 though – more power to you (and the cooks).

8. February 16, 2010 9:12 am

How cute! & so much more original than the plastic ones you can buy at Wal-mart (which is what my kids have!)

9. February 16, 2010 9:36 pm

You did an AMAZING job!!! Your children must be loving this.

10. February 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Oh I love it!! I have been eyeing a $100 wooden one. Now I will keep my eye out for something like this instead. Great, great work!

11. February 17, 2010 1:52 am

That is a great job – love it!!! You make it look so easy, it is beautifully done!!! Have a good day!

12. February 18, 2010 3:01 am

This is fantastic :).

13. Molly permalink
    February 18, 2010 11:01 pm

Wonderful! I love the fabric!

14. February 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Lillian~this is fabulous! And I’m adoring this blog~I didn’t know about it until right now. Looking forward to following along….
    Have a great weekend,
    Katie

15. February 21, 2010 1:37 pm

That’s beautiful! Great job!

16. February 22, 2010 12:30 am

So cute! You did a great job! I love the fabric you chose!

17. February 22, 2010 1:47 am

This is really beautiful. I’m inspired!

18. Penny Saver permalink
    March 1, 2010 12:13 pm

SO cute!! I love the lemon fabric. I have some and plan on making a skirt for my little girl.

Our play kitchen gets a lot of play. I’ve had fun making play food out of felt. There are some fantastic patterns on Etsy. :)

19. Kari permalink
    March 1, 2010 7:02 pm

This is really beautiful! Having just spent $300 on one from Pottery Barn Kids, this one is even more impressive to me!

20. November 23, 2011 2:21 pm

where did you find the knobs…love this kitchen!

21. June 10, 2013 9:26 am

I have seen other professionals install landscaping
    fabric over areas that were only sod cut but not killed with an herbicide.
    Ornamental grasses and native wildflowers provide refuge to wildlife and
    add maintenance-free vegetation to your outdoor space. Many
    big thinkers over many years have come back again and again to humanity’s
    desire to make sense of the hugeness of the universe by making small imitations of it in which to live – the
    garden, which directly refers to the ultimately
    terrifying wildness that used to sit outside every cave in the
    world, is probably the ultimate example of this urge.

22. June 16, 2013 9:56 am

But is it possible to bundle everything he knows
    into a comprehensive and easy to follow program. Our reviews
    are created from statistical analysis along with customer opinions, not
    just consumer reviews like most review sites. This isn’t the kind of diet where you will feel hungry and deprived all the time, so motivation should not be a huge problem.

23. June 18, 2013 12:07 pm

At present, a lot of do-it-yourself enthusiasts and homeowners prefer wooden sheds instead
    of plastic or metal sheds. If you get stuck at some point during construction, you can always ask your friends or
    neighbors for help and in the worse case, hire a professional to help you.
    For example, next to the pool if it’s to be used as a pool cabana or near the garden if you’ll use
    it to store garden tools & equipment.

24. November 27, 2013 4:42 am

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my
    own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup?
    I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% certain. Any suggestions or advice would
    be greatly appreciated. Thanks

25. November 30, 2013 5:24 am

It’s really very difficult in this active life to listen news on Television, therefore I simply use the web for that reason, and take the most recent information.

26. December 10, 2013 11:19 am

This is because of the fact that these can be easily
    moved from one place to another and are highly comfortable.
    We have found that not only is this a convenient way to shop, but it
    also usually means saving a lot of money as well.

Look anywhere around and you will find employees using furniture meant especially for offices.

27. December 16, 2013 8:45 am

For naive shoppers or individuals unfamiliar with using discount coupons
    to their favor must browse a couple of websites giving away Amazon voucher codes.
    It is not possible to use the deals for content that
    can be downloaded on the internet, gift certificates and shipping charges.
    Vority Duo 31CC automatically stops charging your phone when it becomes tuned in
    to either the next or lower voltage.

1. DIY Play Kitchen « The Kings and I
  2. Mia and Nick’s Room «
  3. handy manly « Babybutter’s Blog
  4. My Technology Website
  5. DIY Play Kitchen Round Up |

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 326 other followers