Swirling Thoughts and Links

September 20, 2011

I haven’t been posting a ton of thoughts lately.  It feels like a lot of post-and-run.  It’s not that I’m not thinking(obviously), just maybe that I’ve had so many thoughts swirling that I can’t get it all down? I’ve needed to disconnect a bit and, surprisingly, getting a new phone helped me with that a ton.

:: About Henry, about addiction, about justice and accountability – please take the time to read this, learn more about it and share if you have a few minutes.

:: Waking Up Full of Awesome and A Letter to Bella, and Other Girls With Blue Shoes – Even my husband couldn’t get through that one without tears.

:: A Call to Action – the timing was perfect for me and it was just what I’ve been needing to hear/read. Paired with my very, very slow reading of Ann Voskamp’s One Thousand Gifts, it’s all packing a whole lot of heart that I’ve been needing lately.

:: Pioneer Woman’s Cornbread – paired with some chili for dinner = perfection.  I may be sitting here as I type eating the leftovers with some butter and apricot jam for breakfast.

:: One Bite at a Time – 52 Projects For Making Life Simpler – More goodness is there than I even could have imagined!

:: On escaping excessive consumerism and consumption and A Simple Guide to Successful Parenting. I’ve always love the Becoming Minimalist blog, but it’s been especially hitting me hard lately as I’ve been trying to spend more time getting rid of “things” and as we start to more aggressively get some debt paid off and making long-term decisions for our family.

:: The Most Important Moving Box – such good ideas and one I’ve been saving forever in the back of my mind for when we move to a house that has more than 2 bedrooms (hopefully sooner than later) – it’s too good to not share.

:: 13 Ounces or Less Mail  - So fun! I’ve had this in my Pinterest “to do ” file forever, but we need to really start doing this to send fun things around the country to friends and family!

What have you been enjoying or thinking about  lately?

About these ads
  1. September 20, 2011 8:09 am

I’ve been thinking about ‘letting things go.’
    **A clean house, both messy and a little dirty.
    **Prepared lunches, it’s ok to buy something prepared, if it’s a quarter more for my sanity then so be it, I’ll buy the apples sliced in a bag.
    **Different childhoods. Each of my children will have a different childhood. *I* will be different, their experiences will be different, but it will all be ok.
    **Getting it all done in a day. It’s ok at 8pm to SIT DOWN and not think of the things that went undone. It’s MUCH better to sit down and think of all that was accomplished.

Thanks for asking!

2. September 20, 2011 9:39 am

i am working on some of these very projects!!! i’m in serious fall cleaning mode and am working on getting stuff out! of! here!! our house is just too much right now. too much clutter. too much mess. too many toys!! ack!

3. September 2, 2014 11:32 pm

Quigley but she seems to be such an eccentric one that you’re not really
    sure whether you like her or not. Certainly, when you investigate dietary patterns you find that heavy meat eating
    is associated with a higher risk of certain bad outcomes, for
    example, prostate cancer. The linings are certainly one of
    the main aspects of tent construction; the reflective interior
    and the dark exterior helps to keep light in whilst also absorbing any heat.

4. September 10, 2014 1:37 am

Flow channel cuvettes made from this material are frequently used
    for applications such as flow cytometry, particle counting, particle
    sizing, and other various applications. New chemical glass compositions or new treatment techniques can be initially investigated in small-scale laboratory experiments.
    U-boats – World War I saw submarines making a significant impact.

5. September 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Beautifully designed silver rings or pendants can make perfect gifts for
    the women you want to impress with remarkable and exquisite gifts.
    According to the location of the mobile crusher station and shift based study will be divided into self-shift and shift
    two. inspiration, creativity and intuition within the mind.

6. September 15, 2014 2:32 am

You are love expressed in a smile, a kind gesture, a word of comfort,
    a moment of silence. Crystals are used to increase wealth,longetivity,relationships,and for power & popularity.

Unlike other gems, which are usually varieties of a
    single mineral, jade has complex mineralogical
    attributes.

7. October 1, 2014 9:31 pm

Gemselections are experts in providing certified all types of
    Best Gemstones for Protection like Astrology Gemstone, Precious Gemstones,
    Best Gemstones for Healing, Ring Stones, Pink Sapphire, Gomed, Birthstones and more in all over India.
    Maybe even now, questions like: how to attract the one you love
    or how to find love flash across your mind every now and
    then. Ask yourself this question: How many know how to unleash the power of the
    crystals, and tap into the power of feng shui, to dramatically and
    positively change their own life.

8. November 9, 2014 4:37 am

Hello! I’ve been following your site for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from
    Porter Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the great job!

9. November 18, 2014 12:45 pm

I really like reading through an article that will make people think.
    Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 329 other followers