(a random assortment from our lately)
Oh, hey! I made it in just under the 1 month mark of not posting at all. The number one rule to not be an annoying blogger is to not apologize for not posting, right? Well, I’m doing it anyway;) Because, honestly, I’m just not feeling it lately. I’m struggling with the balance of sharing thoughts and telling our stories and just feeling like I’m blogging for the sake of blogging. Also, we’re officially done with naps around here which completely screws with my afternoon blogging/writing/working time unless I stick my kids in front of a tv. I couldn technically do it in the evening if I stopped wasting so much time doing this that and the other nothing, but my evenings are usually most full of working. Posting here just hasn’t been at the top of my list of priorities right now, so my apology sticks: It feels kind of silly and self-indulgent to make such an assumption, but if you’re one of the three people who check in here regularly, I’m super sorry I haven’t had a ton happening lately. I’ve been posting on Instagram and Flickr and Pinterest so much more right now and I’d love to connect and see you if you’re on one of those as well!
Some recent faves:
- I can’t get over all of the beauty here, but especially those gorgeous black and white photos.
- Simplify the Internet – even a fraction of these would be massively beneficial to my life.
- Don’t just De-Clutter, De-Own. Seriously. I could not agree more!
- Her recipes make me want to cook rightthisveryminute, but it’s her writing that makes me literally catch my breath every time I read her raw honesty and truth.
- Have I shared this bagel recipe yet? If I have, sorry, it was worth the double posting! If I haven’t, you’re welcome! You can thank me later;)
- I relate so much to her everyday, especially in thinking back on the days that feel like yesterday 2-3 years ago when I was doing the same things each day. It’s insane how it all changes so quickly and we go from nursing and naps to school drop-offs and more and more independence in such a short amount of time.
- No-nonsense, old-school, practical values hit me at my very core. They make me want to be a better person and strive to change so many things about how I live. I’m working on it, aren’t we all? Also, doesn’t that post make you want to have a big old family, even just a tiny bit??
- Speaking of hitting me at my core – one more honesty post: These posts make me close my eyes and make my head spin a little with how much I relate. They take me to a place that I try a little to hard to avoid and need so much to be in touch with a little bit more in my life.