The Easiest, Yummiest Baked Applesauce Ever
-A bunch of apples – this batch was 4 Granny Smith and 2 Gala(good thing I bought the Granny Smith specifically for applesauce – they were mostly bruised and *someone*coughcough*my husband* would have been a baby and complained)
-a teaspoon or two of brown sugar(depending on the type of apple)
-a teaspoon or two of cinnamon
-a few squeezes of lemon juice
- Half and core your apples.
- Place them flat-side down in a baking dish.
- Bake them on at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes(until very soft).
- Pull off the skins, sprinkle the remaining mounds of apple with cinnamon, a squeeze of lemon juice and a tiny bit of sugar.
- Using a fork in the baking dish (loved this suggestion at Circle B Kitchen), just stir and mash them in there to save yourself from transferring them and making another dish dirty.
The end result didn’t look pretty. You don’t want to really see a picture – just trust me that you DO want to taste it! Plus, Amelia LOVED helping with it – picking the apples, putting them in the dish, helping to squeeze lemon and sprinkl sugar, then stir. It’s always fun to see how excited the little ones get when they make and eat food they helped to make!