Baby, It’s Cold Outside

December 5, 2010

It often feels like I am the only person who looks forward to cold weather. I enjoy it so much more than the extreme heat. It hit this weekend in abundance and it felt so good to bundle up, put on slippers and wear some extra layers. It made a fun weekend even more sweet. Highlights:

Picture the Holidays has started!

A 3-day weekend for me – and so very needed.

S’mores in the oven

a trip to a Winter Wonderland

date night

a musical and dinner with my mom

awhole lot of playing

Rearranging the kids’ bedroom – again – this time to completely remove the crib – it feels like yesterday that we bought it.

Tomorrow is St. Nicholas Day and the shoes are out and filled with treats, awaiting little ones to wake.

Yes, a very good weekend indeed. I swear I’m going to start posting real posts with some sort of organization and rhyme and reason again soon, but for now it’s just bits and pieces for a bit longer. January is going to bring a major slow down with work again and I have a big old list growing in a google doc of all of the different things I want/need to post about. Hopefully #1 on the list will be our very small-budget kitchen remodel that will be finished when John is on vacation between Christmas and New Years. Maybe a few kid projects.  Some thoughts on meal planning balancing our family eats. Probably a few glimpses at a rearranged kids’ room that’s prepped more for play and not just sleeping and nursery.  Any requests? I miss actually posting real things around here…

1. December 6, 2010 9:47 am

You are posting real things! Every day, real life. Love it!

2. December 6, 2010 12:13 pm

HI! I’m Destiny from Picture the Holidays! I love your blog!! I feel the exact same way as you do about the cold!! I’m the only one in my family who looks forward to the temps falling! Love the photos from your weekend!

3. December 9, 2010 11:12 am

Oooh, I can’t wait to try smores in the oven! What a lovely weekend you had!

4. Faye permalink
    December 30, 2010 9:44 pm

such beautiful pictures!

what temp do you do them in the oven??? i never thought of that lol looks yummy!

• December 30, 2010 9:56 pm

I turned the broiler on low – they probably weren’t in for more than2 or 3 minutes at the most:)

5. Faye permalink
    December 30, 2010 9:45 pm

i found your blog via CRAFT and im glad i did. i could look at your awesome pictures all day! you seem to capture moments so well