Over the Weekend

February 13, 2011

I ate a bowl of Cheerios and some chips and salsa for dinner. It’s supposed to be 51 degrees tomorrow. I’m reading One Thousand Gifts. Life feels good. The weekend was full. We went on a date that was the perfect equation of thrifting + brewery + movie + kids at the grandparents. Today was early breakfast at a favorite spot plus playing on the floor and sorting buttons and a Mystery Date with my sweet girl for her first ever Movie Theater Movie and a walk outside that felt like Spring is really on the way.

Goodness, goodness all around. Such a lovely way to start the week.

1. February 14, 2011 7:24 am

what a great weekend and here’s to first movie in the theater!

2. February 14, 2011 8:39 am

Looks like an awesome weekend! I’m curious. What brewery did you go to? I don’t recognize the place. My husband is always up for finding and trying different breweries in the area.

February 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Stoudt’s in Adamstown – it was great! John had been there, but I hadn’t and apparently it’s even more fun when it’s warm because there’s a big antique mall behind it that’s crazy and a bunch more as you drive through the town. It was a great date since we both did something we really like and it was nice to have the time to just wander for a while without worrying about the kids touching or breaking something!

• February 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Oh yeah! I know exactly where you mean. It’s super close to us. I don’t know why we haven’t thought of going there. And, it’s the best of both worlds…a brewery for my husband and antiquing for me.

3. February 14, 2011 10:30 am

wow, you all have nice thrift stores. Wouldn’t mind having that light meter. Hope the rest of the week goes as well.
    Anna

4. February 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Loving your pics today. I just saw a row of pallets yesterday and wished I had my camera on me. Great subject!!
    xo today!