Even though it’s only about 40 degrees outside, it still feels like spring.
Seeing: So many flowers popping up, new seedlings emerging in the basement and all around outside, smiles all around at not needing mittens and hats, rain boots all around – rain or sun.
Hearing: The sound of birds chirping in the morning and way too much rainbow rice hitting the floor instead of staying in the container, Kids’ Folk Music-Mat Kearney-Ingrid Michaelson stations on Pandora, squeals at the sound of the trash truck turning the corner onto our street.
Feeling: The calm before the storm of working and planning a party this weekend.
Smelling: Dirtier, sweatier, salty, happy skin before bedtime.
Making: the sweetest garden markers(tutorial to come), Cupcake toppers, fringy streamers and party hats.
- Friday Senses at the little red house
- How to make a rain barrel – We need to do this to use to water the garden this year!
- DIY Cloud Art via Little Green Notebook – I have *just* the spot for a big blown up piece of artwork.
- Make Your Own Colored Chalkboard Paint – I really think we need to do this for all of the potted herbs we’re going to have.
- Love Your Home – With all of the blogs we all read, this is good for some realistic much-needed perspective, I always need a reminder to stop worrying about the greener grass and just be thankful for what I already have.
- DIY Fringy Streamers and Party Hats – I’ve been saving these links in the back of my head to pull out just in time for Nick’s 2nd birthday party this weekend.
- How to Grow Vegetables From Seed – It’s time!
- Vegetable Gardening 101 : A Humble Tutorial – So much great information.