Celebrating Two

March 29, 2011

He is TWO. Unreal. This was one. He’s been quietly singing, “…to you…” to himself any time anyone says the word birthday.

Whenever I work in the evening, I sneak into their room for kisses before I go to bed.  They hardly ever even stir, especially him.  Last night, he startled awake and just sat up and reach for me.  I held his dense, sleep-warm baby body with his head nestled in the crook of my left arm and wrapped my right arm around his legs, feeling their length as I wrapped him around my body. I felt tears trickling down my  face as I smelled his sweet head and the folds of his neck.  I thought of such a short time ago when he fit comfortably with the entire length of his body on one of my arms.  I breathed him in and he snuggled in closer and I took him into bed with me and laid him on the bed and stared at his face, thinking of how time flies and his littleness is so fleeting.

Happy Birthday sweet, rascally, silly boy.  I can’t wait to see what this year brings!

1. Andrea permalink
    March 29, 2011 8:03 am

Where did you get that adorable birthday banner? So cute! Happy birthday little man!

March 29, 2011 10:23 am

Hobby Lobby 3ish years ago. I got it for Mia’s 1st birthday and she’ll be 4 in June. We LOVe that banner and get it out for every birthday now! If you’re hunting for one, there are a ton that are so sweet on Etsy.

2. March 29, 2011 8:24 am

He is so cute! and yes, they grow up so fast…
    I miss when Anne was a little baby, right now she is 18 1/2 months old and she is so big, she can make lots of things by herself but when she needs me… it is the best thing in the world.
    When Annika hugs me I am the happiest person in the world.
    Love the cake, did you make it?

3. March 29, 2011 9:04 am

I adore everything about this post…the photographs, the words, and mostly, the fact that it brought tears to my eyes. The love!

4. March 29, 2011 10:12 am

Happy Birthday Sweet Nick!

5. March 29, 2011 10:57 am

Happy Birthday! What a great moment – holding a sleeping baby (big boy) is the best.

6. March 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Aw…this post made me teary-eyed. So sweet.
    And the cake looks delicious!

7. March 29, 2011 5:35 pm

oh my goodness, that is adorable!!! so sweet. and big sis looks beautiful! SO BIG!

8. lighteningmyload permalink
    March 31, 2011 1:01 pm

~what a wonderful post
    ~it brought tears to my eyes x
    ~my youngest will be two in three short months,she is our last:0(