Late June

June 29, 2011

Day Lilies.  Ice Cream and homemade popsicles.  The permeating smell of our neighbor’s mimosa tree.  An almost finished new patio.  Sweaty, sun-screened little warm bodies.  Iced Coffee and Iced Tea and Lemonade.  Flip flops.  Dirty feet at bedtime.  Crashing for afternoon naps.  Pumpkins and corn growing like I never could have imagined.  Hulling peas.  A Trip to the Zoo.  Peas and peppers and lettuce still and gasps of disbelief (all around) as we pull the first beets and carrots from the garden.  Sand, sand and more sand.  Wet suits and towels hanging on the line.

Days are full and the kids are such a sweet age – still little, but big enough that this summer is turning into something so simple and amazing.  I’ve been feeling introspective lately as I breathe a sigh of relief. Beautiful weather and fresh air daily.  A new job that makes my husband so much happier and relieves a bit more financial stress for us – bit by bit watching this change feels so good.  One less day of work for me each week that means one extra day entirely with my family. Sitting back and observing so much, especially the graceful way the world around me moves through the seasons.  I cannot get enough of the colors and textures and freshness of this season.

What are you loving this summer??

1. June 30, 2011 7:42 am

Loving this post! You all are such hard workers. I wish you were my neighbor.
    The giraffe pic is AMAZING – the eyelashes!!!! And Nick with the fudge pop is a treasure!

2. June 30, 2011 8:39 am

Looks like you are having a wonderful summer!

3. June 30, 2011 9:32 am

you’re having a great summer so far!!!🙂

i love the pool, the sun, the farmer’s market and the late evening light. now, if everyone could just get better in our family so we can enjoy all of that!

4. June 30, 2011 12:53 pm

Being on a family road trip. Bourbon slushes. Catching fireflies.

ps…photography talk ~ I loved the side angle shot of the ice cream truck. That is one of my very favorite perspectives to shoot.

Happy Summer over there.🙂

5. July 2, 2011 7:42 pm

summer abundance. such vibrant shots. thanks for sharing these on shutter sisters the other day, xo kristin

6. July 8, 2011 11:49 am

I love late summer evening runs…with the breeze coming in but still so so warm. I love that I can leave the house to run at 8:00 and when I get home around 9:00 it is just dusk.

I love Nolan’s little tan line – despite the sunscreen – and I love his little feet in flip flops. And how blonde his hair is.

And sitting with my dogs on the patio and just breathing in summer.

I❤ SUMMER!