Holiday Rambling

December 19, 2011

We spent the weekend hunkered down. It was slightly intentional, in the sense that we planned to not plan much for the weekend.  But then we woke up to Nick’s bed full of puke on Saturday morning and that officially meant that we were staying put. Naps both days, a few quick trips out for groceries and last minute supplies to get ready for the week, cooking treats, clearing out 90% of the toys and putting them in the basement(they still haven’t noticed) a lunch date on Sunday and a night out with friends for each of us. It went quickly, but we all walked away well-rested.

We spent last week with a bit more going on, but now preschool is done until the new year. Treats are ready. A few last minute bits and present left to get here in the mail(God Bless Amazon.) Our whole downstairs is finally painted(yay!!) Today is for catching up on laundry and cleaning and getting ready for friends to come over tomorrow and family to come over on Christmas Eve.  My biggest excitement today: watching The Holiday while I fold laundry and pick up more, clean the bathroom, put on some Dolly Parton Holiday on Pandora, make some stir fry for dinner. Did you know that you can rent movies on Amazon?? This is the second time I’ve rented The Holiday in the past two weeks. It was between that and Love Actually today, but The Holiday was only $0.99 and Love Actually was $2.99.

It all feels surreal. Do you ever feel like you’re just looking in on your own life? This month has been a complete blur, which is funny since we haven’t actually had tons going on.  I planned ahead a lot, it has just felt like one quick blur of a holiday month.For now, we’re relaxing and keeping things as low key as possible.

1. December 19, 2011 6:16 pm

Love the holiday decor and sweet smiling kiddos. Yes, honestly since I started teaching I feel like from Sept-December has been a blur a big fast forward blur….busier then I’ve been in a good long time. Glad you guys are taking it easy. Hope Nick is better!

2. December 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Love your pics! the tree is beautiful – simple, yet so colourful. It’s a ‘happy tree’ as my son called it. The pic of your children in the Christmas outfits is simply adorable. Have a wonderful Christmas.

3. plymwife permalink
    December 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous – photos of house and children🙂 Sorry you had a pukey weekend but hey, at least it’s out of the way now! Your photos are great.

4. December 21, 2011 8:43 am

Lillian, as always your pictures are beautiful! I especially love the 3rd one down! I love that glimpse into the ‘less the perfect’. I was starting to think your house was always completely in order & I was wondering how you did that with 2 little ones!

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

5. December 21, 2011 5:33 pm

That first picture is breathtaking. Beautiful.

6. February 21, 2012 5:16 am

I always was interested in this subject and stock still am, thankyou for posting .