{2011} The Year in Photos

January 2, 2012
tags: ,

All in one breath, I will tell you that I plan to do nothing and everything this year. That in doing the nothing, I will make room for the everything.  The space for appreciating the everyday, the jumping in and facing the fears keeping me from living a life in line with my values. On a simple level, staying home more and spending less of that time mindlessly behind a computer screen and more of it present with my children and husband and friends and family. And, always more time behind the lens of my camera.

Happy 2012!

1. January 2, 2012 4:34 pm

Oh how I’ve enjoyed your posts, since finding your page. These photos are spectacular (not sure how you chose from all the wonderful ones you’ve shared, and not shared) and made me smile as I scrolled down. STILL jealous of your turquoise sofa find and thanks for re-opening that wound, with the adorable picture of your kids sitting on it. What a talent you have! Look forward to more in 2012. Happy New Year and thanks for sharing!

January 5, 2012 12:38 pm

Thanks for following along;) The turquoise sofa is officially gone:( I was sad, but we put it on Craigslist. It’s been sitting in the garage since we got it and we can’t afford $2500-ish just to re-upholster right now and/or finish the basement just to have a spot for the sofa! So it’s off to live with someone else who sounded excited to use it. That made me happy!

2. January 2, 2012 5:54 pm

what an incredible year! you’ve captured your family so brilliantly. wishing you a colorful and adventurous 2012!

January 5, 2012 12:36 pm

I LOVE that you said colorful and adventurous – I SO need more adventure in my life! At least the spirit of adventure:)

3. January 2, 2012 6:21 pm

Beautiful, Lillian. Each photo captures so much in such a simple way. I love that about your photography. All the best this year!

January 5, 2012 12:36 pm

Right back at you:)

4. January 2, 2012 8:43 pm

oh goodness, i LOVE this post!!!

5. angelika05 permalink
    January 3, 2012 10:15 am

All stunning. The whole lot of them.

In other news – I wish I had eyelashes like a giraffe!

6. January 3, 2012 7:34 pm

Love, love, love!

7. January 3, 2012 10:01 pm

Your pictures are stunning! An amazing way to capture all the little moments that make up a year. Thanks for sharing!

8. January 4, 2012 8:08 am

Great photos!! Thanks for sharing. My first time here. I’ll be back.

January 5, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks so much for stopping by! Glad to hear you’ll be back:)

9. January 5, 2012 3:09 am

You know I’m a fan, and I’ve just awarded you the Versatile Blogger award. Please check out the details at: http://talesfromthemotherland.me/2012/01/05/tales-from-the-motherland-has-been-awarded-the-versatile-blogger-award/

Then you can do what you please with it… hope it pleases you!

10. liz permalink
    January 8, 2012 12:28 pm

so, so, so great. i love watching your kids grow. i think my favorite picture of all time is the one of Mia at breakfast with the plate of pancakes in front of her. the expression on her face is just awesome.

January 9, 2012 11:00 pm

Agreed – that’s one of my favorites also!

11. Jen permalink
    January 8, 2012 4:16 pm

I also love your photos. I wanted to pin the your kitchen(w/ the shelf and the jars – but did not because your son is in it. Love all the fresh produce. I really need a garden next year.

January 9, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks Jen! You’re more than welcome to pin the kitchen picture! If you’d like one without the kids in it, here are a bunch from when I posted last winter when it was originally finished: https://domesticsimplicity.com/2011/03/08/the-640-kitchen-makeover/ If you want to start small with a garden, I have really really loved doing a loose follow of Square Foot Gardening – it’s been so great!

• Jen permalink
        January 10, 2012 5:21 pm

I am so glad you posted the link to your before and after post. I am very impressed with what you were able to do with your kitchen. I am going to pin one of the photos from that post (so it will link back) but the one with your son is much cuter! Thanks for the gardening recommendation. 🙂

1. Tales From The Motherland has been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award! « Tales from the Motherland
  2. 2012: Brilliant. Versatile Blogger x 2. « Tales from the Motherland