Summer Fun List

May 17, 2012

The past two years, we’ve made lists of ideas for fun stuff to do over the summer. I think the original idea started with Meg at Whatever a few years ago and it’s been so fun! (Our 2011 List and 2010 List – check them out for more summer ideas!)

In one year, we’ve made a big leap. The kids are 3 and 5 this summer and we officially have some wiggle room in the afternoons for some fun time and/or a few skipped naps for the first time in about 5 years. That feels so so good and opens up a whole new world of options. I’m sure a lot of these are doubled up on the past lists, but I’m not in the mood to cross-reference a Summer Fun List, so let’s not worry about doubles, k?

The 2012 Summer Fun List

Go to the Zoo (or a few!)

eat ice cream

make popsicles

make lemonade

grow sunflowers as tall as we possibly can

plant veggies in the garden and watch them grow

go to a baseball game

go to an amusement park

play mini-golf

go on a lot of picnics

play in the pool in the backyard. a lot.

visit as many state parks as possible

hike.hike.hike.

grow some massive tomatoes and some teeny tiny tomatoes

Camp!

stay up late to catch lightning bugs (I swear that’s the correct spelling – I even researched!)

work on lots of messy art projects

go berry picking

make ice cream

see a movie outside

go fishing

play in a creek

have a bubble blowing extravaganza

make our own sprinkler

go to a water park

swim in a lake

go to farmer’s markets. a lot.

visit roadside produce stands

grow flowers and have them always in the house

go for early morning and late evening walks

make an obstacle course in the backyard

make water balloons

eat a meal of only corn

image

What’s on your list this year??

1. springfieldfem permalink
    May 17, 2012 8:19 am

To dig my bike out of the basement, air up the tires, and take it for a spin!

2. May 17, 2012 9:02 am

I want to play too! Mine would include: swim in ocean, survive the Inca Trail, take a road trip. With little ones, it’s just a lot more amusing.🙂

May 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Ooooh, i want to add an ocean swim, too! I think a lake will be the closest I get this year. And the Inca Trail??? Incredible!

3. May 17, 2012 6:22 pm

That sounds like a fun list. I might steal some ideas for me and my little one to do. but so far, we got camping in my list-a big one and a small one. We’re going to Letchworth National Park next month and then sleep in the backyard at another time. I’m also excited about having a picnic with my daughter and have a tea party in the park one of these days. Oh summer….aren’t you happy it started early this year?🙂

4. May 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Oh and I know the implications regarding global warming but it’s hard to argue about that right now when it’s this nice.

5. May 17, 2012 8:55 pm

i love your happy blog!🙂