Halloween Treats

October 26, 2012

I decided early this week that I needed to actually try some of the million Halloween fun ideas that I pinned.  All of them turned out decently except the witch broomsticks because I didn’t tie them and the cheese breaks.  The ghosts had straws as sticks because I couldn’t find our popsicles sticks anywhere – they weren’t very steady, but they were still yummy.  Not pictured because it was too late when they were done and I didn’t have any more light:  mummy dogs (hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls + sprinkles for eyes.).  A big hit!

Still on the list to make in the next few days:  monster cups (pudding with faces drawn on a clear cup + crushed cookies or sprinkled on top for hair) and Halloween popcorn – popcorn with melted white chocolate + choco and/or butterscotch chips + Halloween color sprinkles all mixed in.

Original (non-Pinterest) sources: Monster Teeth Apples, Candy Corn Pudding Cups, Halloween Popcorn, Mummy Dogs, Monster Pudding Cups and More Monster Pudding Cups, White Chocolate Ghost Bananas, Witch Brooms

A few more fun ideas: Boogies on a Stick + Fingers in a Bowl, Creepy Bones, Witch Hats, Halloween Puppy Chow, Jack-O-Lantern Waffles

1. October 26, 2012 9:31 am

Love this! So creative and fun idea to do wih kids!(:

2. October 26, 2012 9:52 am

Ha I love the teeth! Brilliant!

3. October 26, 2012 10:25 am

Love these! I must make the apples with teeth and mummy dogs for my little ones. They would think that’s hilarious!

October 29, 2012 1:47 pm

The teeth were such a hit and even I love the mummy dogs! Like those pretzels dogs you can get at the mall – haha:)

4. October 26, 2012 12:00 pm

I can’t let my kids see this post… one more reason for them to wish they’d had a different mom! So creative and beautiful… can’t wait to see their costumes! Fantastic Lilian!

October 29, 2012 1:46 pm

p.s. You will be underwhelmed by my kids costumes;) Nick is either wearing a fire person coat straight from the dress up bin and his rain boots (fire boots) or his costume from last year and Mia wanted to be a witch because that’s what the 7 year old who she adores is going to be. I KNOW there are a million reasons that your kids are glad YOU are their mom – they might just not really realize them until they have kids of their own;)

5. September 24, 2014 2:25 am

Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I neeed some help from
    an established blog. Is it toug to set upp your own blog?
    I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.
    I’m thinking about creating myy own but I’m not sure where tto begin. Do you have any ideas oor suggestions?
    Thanks

6. September 24, 2014 5:56 am

First of all I would like to say terrific blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if
    you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center
    yourself and clear your mind prior to writing.
    I have had a difficult timne clearing my mund in getting mmy
    ideas out. I truly do enjoy writing however it
    just seems like the first 10 tto 15 minutes are wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints?

Cheers!

7. September 26, 2014 12:39 am

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment
    didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all
    that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say excellent blog!

8. October 25, 2015 7:38 am