Moving the Blog!

August 5, 2013

I would have been willing to swear to you up one side and down the other that when Google Reader ended in June, I had saved and transferred all of my stuff to Feedly.  Turns out, I didn’t.  Somehow some got saved, I have no clue what I messed up, but a funny thing happened: it took me until now to realize that so many were missing.  And I only realized because of a few I follow on Facebook and put it together that they posted new links and I realized they weren’t showing up in my reader.  Turns out, I really do like it better without less stuff and only added back in the blogs I was actively missing – digthischick and owl&twine especially.

You all know that I’ve toyed with whether or not to stick with this blog, especially because I don’t love the title of it, so I’ve decided to stop screwing around and just make the switch.  I thought for sure that I’d complicate it and do a few posts on the new one to have “content” before I shared and make sure the design was all nice, but I don’t feel like it.  And the biggest draw for me right now is that blogger lets me access my phone photos to put neatly into posts.  So that’s where I’m headed – catch you on the flip side!

The new site: Pine Street Days.  I’d love to see you over there.  I’m still not entirely sure what it’ll be, likely much of the same, but I’m starting to feel an intentional shift a bit more lately to wanting to share some stories and photos again and to focus more on real photos of our lives, not just forced styledness for the sake of blogging, and to spend a bit less time on client work to be able to share my photo love with my family.

1. August 5, 2013 2:18 pm

Love the title, Lillian. Have fun building your new blog. I’ll look forward to reading it, as always.🙂

2. August 5, 2013 8:05 pm

Going to check it out now. Missed you, and will follow along. Good for you, following your gut. Headed over there… now.

3. August 5, 2013 8:11 pm

Well, it didn’t accept my comment, and I couldn’t find a follow link. But, love the new blog. Tender thoughts. As I’ve said: It flies… time. Our babies grow so fast. But your blog, is timelessly beautiful, as always.

August 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks so much for the heads up! I knew it might be bumpy, but I knew I’d keep putting off the switch forever if I didn’t just dive in:)

• August 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Nice job! I’ll just have to figure out how to follow the new posts… :-p

August 10, 2013 1:30 pm

I’ve been trying to figure out how to add, but it looks like they’ve changed the “follow” part and linked it to Google+ and it’s all weird:( I added an email option to at least add something for now. I LOVE using a blog reader – makes it so much easier to keep up. I miss google reader, but use feedly now and it saves so much time!